History

1916   First initiative by Büssing

1934   “Full chair of steam-boilers, piston steam-driven engines and railway

            engines“ for Dr.-Ing. Paul Koeßler

1940   “Foundation of the institute“ as a “test field of automotive engineering“

1944   Relocation

1954   Opening of new institute building

1997   Construction of large semi-anechoic chamber

1997   Change in institution's management and thorough modernisation of the institute